Elective rotation during internship

Started by MD87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MD87

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
During my transitional year, I get 1 month where I can do pretty much anything at any institution. As of now, I see myself pursuing some sort of interventional fellowship at the end of residency, though obviously things can change. Part of me thinks I should do an "audition rotation" at some pain or sports/spine place that I'd consider for fellowship. On the one hand, they might not expect much of me since I'm only an intern and I could potentially end up "wowing" them. On the other hand, my lack of knowledge this early in my career could hurt me/make me look dumb. What do you guys think? Do you know of any especially good 1 month electives for interns/residents going into PM&R? Preferably Northeast or Cali, but I'd be willing to go pretty much anywhere. Thanks!
 
Hey guys,
During my transitional year, I get 1 month where I can do pretty much anything at any institution. As of now, I see myself pursuing some sort of interventional fellowship at the end of residency, though obviously things can change. Part of me thinks I should do an "audition rotation" at some pain or sports/spine place that I'd consider for fellowship. On the one hand, they might not expect much of me since I'm only an intern and I could potentially end up "wowing" them. On the other hand, my lack of knowledge this early in my career could hurt me/make me look dumb. What do you guys think? Do you know of any especially good 1 month electives for interns/residents going into PM&R? Preferably Northeast or Cali, but I'd be willing to go pretty much anywhere. Thanks!

I would spend the month doing Radiology, especially if you can spend an entire month on neuro and MSK Rads