China and Eastern Asia Electives at Hong Kong for 4th yr students?

Started by dpy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dpy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I'm going to be a 4th yr US med student soon and was interested in doing an away rotation in Hong Kong (University of Hong Kong or Chinese U of HK). Anyone here go to these schools or know much about electives for international students that I can do? Any recommendations for which electives? I'm basically looking for something that's fun, educational but not too tough (want to have free time to wonder around HK).

Any info would be great! thanks!
 
I know that there are a lot of oversea students who do that. Two of my friends from Canadian med schools in their 3rd year came for few weeks to gain some experience at Prince of Wales Hospital (affiliated with CUHK) on top of visiting friends and relatives. They thought it was a pretty cool and relatively relaxed experience, from what I heard.

http://www.med.cuhk.edu.hk/students_admission/med_ele.htm