Electives in OD School

Started by r_salis
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I started to post this in rpames' "business education in OD school" thread, but thought I'd start a new one since it's a slightly different topic...

Which OD schools offer elective courses or tracks, and at what part of the curriculum (3rd, 4th years, or all years)?

SUNY does not offer elective tracks. I often have wished they did, for clinical specialities at least. The benefit of having everyone go through an identical program is that we get to see everything, I guess, and you always have the choice to do a residency to truly specialize.