Quantcast

Electives in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmcaule

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
This is something I'll definitely have to see an academic counselor about in August or September, but I'm curious and wondering if any of you guys know the answer...

So, I just graduated with a bachelor's degree in medical science, and I'm quite confident that I'll get into pharmacy school. My question is, will I be able to use some of the courses I took in undergrad as (at least some of) my electives for pharmacy school? I've completed 20.0 undergraduate courses, and the pharmacy school I want to get into only requires 5.0... I feel like I should be able to transfer over some of those additional courses.

Thanks in advance!

BuffaloPills

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
at campbell, all our electives have to be 500 level or higher, we can't use undergrad courses.

charfdorn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is something I'll definitely have to see an academic counselor about in August or September, but I'm curious and wondering if any of you guys know the answer...

So, I just graduated with a bachelor's degree in medical science, and I'm quite confident that I'll get into pharmacy school. My question is, will I be able to use some of the courses I took in undergrad as (at least some of) my electives for pharmacy school? I've completed 20.0 undergraduate courses, and the pharmacy school I want to get into only requires 5.0... I feel like I should be able to transfer over some of those additional courses.

Thanks in advance!

At CU, the electives they require are from a list of pharmacy-related courses. But it does depend on your school, so talk to them once (if) you get in.

fenixtnlfan

P2 Wildcat
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are allowed to take some 300 level and above classes as long as they are approved by the dean as relating to health and pharmacy. We have to take those classes during pharmacy school though.