Electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dog_luver

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are good suggestions for electives during residency? We get rotations in Orthopedics, Rheum, Sports, MSK, EMG, Pain, peds in addition to bread/butter stuff. What are some other good options to rotate in?

Members don't see this ad.

Guess it depends on what you wanna do after residency

I'm going to agree with this. We don't have unlimited electives so I plan on taking the rotations that give me the best chance to get the fellowship or employment opportunity that I want. But then again, our base curriculum doesn't leave much out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to agree with this. We don't have unlimited electives so I plan on taking the rotations that give me the best chance to get the fellowship or employment opportunity that I want. But then again, our base curriculum doesn't leave much out.

Well we have a very clustery system of elective time. It's really not elective time but still. We can't do any away electives. I was going to do Pain but now probably not. So I have listed some of the things that we get to do. What would you all do extra?

MSK Rads or a procedure month could be useful if you have those available to you. Also, if you are at an academic center (and most of us are) you may have the opportunity to do something in either a private practice or VA setting which could be very different.

Reactions: 1 user