1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Electives

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by okieRx, Aug 1, 2006.

1. okieRx

okieRx Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Just wondering what some other colleges out there had as far as elective requirements and what kinds of electives are available (summer courses, etc.)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GaPharmGirl09

GaPharmGirl09 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist

At Mercer you take one elective each semester (fall/spring) in your P2 & P3 years.

There are a few classes that you are not able to take until your P3 year.

I'll be taking my first elective this fall. I'm taking Pharmacognosy (the study of drugs from natural sources).

You can see a list and description of all of the electives at Mercer in the online catelog. They begin on page 73.

4. KARM12

KARM12 Super Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    At Midwestern- CCP we are required to take 16 hours of electives. Most are taken at the end of 2nd year and in our 3rd year. We have many options including...

Biotechnology, adv. diabetes care, women's health, vet pharm, smoking cessation, adv. infectious ideases, adv psych pharm, pediatric pharm, spirituality and helathcare, adv physical assesment, end of life care, adv. med chem, drug abuse, toxicology, oncology, nuclear pharm, adv compounding....and many more...check out their website if interested.