okieRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2005
Status
Just wondering what some other colleges out there had as far as elective requirements and what kinds of electives are available (summer courses, etc.)

GaPharmGirl09

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2005
Atlanta Area
Status
Pharmacist
okieRx said:
Just wondering what some other colleges out there had as far as elective requirements and what kinds of electives are available (summer courses, etc.)

At Mercer you take one elective each semester (fall/spring) in your P2 & P3 years.

There are a few classes that you are not able to take until your P3 year.

I'll be taking my first elective this fall. I'm taking Pharmacognosy (the study of drugs from natural sources).

You can see a list and description of all of the electives at Mercer in the online catelog. They begin on page 73.

KARM12

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2006
East
Status
Pharmacist
okieRx said:
At Midwestern- CCP we are required to take 16 hours of electives. Most are taken at the end of 2nd year and in our 3rd year. We have many options including...

Biotechnology, adv. diabetes care, women's health, vet pharm, smoking cessation, adv. infectious ideases, adv psych pharm, pediatric pharm, spirituality and helathcare, adv physical assesment, end of life care, adv. med chem, drug abuse, toxicology, oncology, nuclear pharm, adv compounding....and many more...check out their website if interested.

About the Ads