Electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indianmedic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi..
I am a Medical Student from India. I am presently pursuing the fifth semester of the nine Semester MBBS programme. I wish to apply for an Elective Programme for a permissible duration in the academic year 2010-2011.

In this regard, I would be grateful if you would kindly clarify a query that I have regarding the requirements for these electives:

Almost all universities require students to be in their final year when they wish to participate in the programme. In India, Final Year is spread out over two years and these years are called Final Year Part I and Final Year Part II respectively. As such, can I apply for the elective whilst I am in Final Year Part I?

I can give more details regarding the course if someone actually replies....

Members don't see this ad.

hey--admittedly i didnt look closely at your post, but you may be better off posting it on another part of the forums. Look for something dealing with International students/residents/IMGs etc.

Final year = After you have finished all the core rotations (which for the US are IM, OBGYN, Psych, Peds, Surgery, etc).

hey...
thanks for the suggestion @ yohimbine1.. I'll try doing that if I don't get the response I need by tomorrow...

In Part I( Third Academic Year) we have Ophtal, ENT and Community Medicine as our subjects... We start clinical rotations in Medicine, Surgery, OBG etc in II year itself though...
Is that how it works for you guys....???

Please excuse the ignorance!!!!! :oops: