Electrophysical Agents

Started by deleted699287
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted699287

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Question to clinicians and students: How extensive was your education (time spent in class) and utility (use in clinic) of electrophysical agents (ie NMES, TENS, etc)?

We have a 5 hour full-semester course on the subject, but I have not seen much of it in my own limited personal experience. It seems interesting and maybe useful but in a very small population. I was wondering how important it was in real-life physical therapy and how much other schools focused on it?

Thanks in advance.
 
I use microcurrent frequently and the others almost not at all. Our estim stuff was a part of the physical agents class where we talked about estim, ultrasound, heat, ice, infrared, diathermy, paraffin and the like.