ellipse on QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnnyD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I havent really seen any ellipse questions in any resources besides math destroyer that I can recall. My DAT is on monday and im having trouble working these ellipse problems. Do you guys think that it is worth spending the time on, or should I direct my attention elsewhere?

Also, if anyone can break it down for me so I can understand it, that would be just as helpful.

Thanks in advance homies

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember reading any score report threads about ellipses showing up on the QR. If you are pressed on time, then skip it.

I havent really seen any ellipse questions in any resources besides math destroyer that I can recall. My DAT is on monday and im having trouble working these ellipse problems. Do you guys think that it is worth spending the time on, or should I direct my attention elsewhere?

Also, if anyone can break it down for me so I can understand it, that would be just as helpful.

Thanks in advance homies

skip it. i've never seen it on topscore, achiever, or any other math resource besides math destroyer.

I agree with others. Don't bother memorizing anything about ellipses. I would strongly bet that you'll never see a question on the actual test this specific. That said, having just taken the exam, I would brush up on trig formulas. Got 3 of those. Blech.

Members don't see this ad :)
2009 ADA sample test in the QR section there is an ellipse problem. To be exact it's problem number 5
Do a couple of problems in the destroyer just to be familiar with it.
Good luck

2009 ADA sample test in the QR section there is an ellipse problem. To be exact it's problem number 5
Do a couple of problems in the destroyer just to be familiar with it.
Good luck

You can't go by the QR in 2009 exam. EVERY single score report thread I read mentioned the QR was MUCH easier than the 2009. You have to admit there are a handful of WTF QR questions on this practice exam. But hey, if you want to waste your time and aggravate yourself trying to learn how to solve these problems (#4, 5, 6), then be my guest.

You can't go by the QR in 2009 exam. EVERY single score report thread I read mentioned the QR was MUCH easier than the 2009. You have to admit there are a handful of WTF QR questions on this practice exam. But hey, if you want to waste your time and aggravate yourself trying to learn how to solve these problems (#4, 5, 6), then be my guest.
since they never sent me the test I paid for by mail, and since I cant review the online test that I already paid for as well, I dont think I even have the option haha