ellipse or parabola?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
was the answer to that momentum collison an ellipse or parabola shape that is formed?

Members don't see this ad.

'cuz everyone i talked to swear it's parabola, but i'm skeptical.... i think it's an ellipse.

:(

I went with parabola, only because an ellipse comes back around like a circle, and a parabola would keep going straight down. It was my best guess anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
I put parabola too...

do you know what it means for a species to be "k-selected"??

If a species is K-selected than its population is determined by the number of individuals the environment can support, i.e. if a particular environment can only support 50,000 individuals than that is the limit. In theory, the environment cannot support anymore individuals than that number.K-selected species are typically of higher order, like humans, show parental care, live a long life and have fewer offspring.
The opposite of a K-selected species would be an r-selected species which tend to be of a low order, have many offspring at one time, short lives, no parental care. If I recall, r-selected populations are limited, for the most part, by predators.
congrats on finishing the MCAT's ;)

Test is over, why do you guys dwell on that? you can't change any answers...go party! ;)

i put down parabola...that k- r-species question was annoying, i actually almost said what the f*** out loud...i never learned that in bio

YAH WHT THE HELL WAS THAT K and R ****!!

Originally posted by sweetz1180:
•i put down parabola...that k- r-species question was annoying, i actually almost said what the f*** out loud...i never learned that in bio•
Yeah it's usually covered in ecology.

Parabola.
The equation is y=Vi:thumbup:t - 1/2 at^2.
y is the distance down.
Vi:thumbup: is initial velocity heading down(zero)
t is time
a is acceleration
The minus sign is in there because your going down. The grid (y and t) is set up as follows; y was going up and down (the vertical face of the cliff) and t is the time.

It's just a basic high school algebra question. Peace Out. AEKDB.

Thank God, I got one right.... 76 more to go (hopefully :D ) yeah, right.