Elms College Post-Bacc 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted- Anyone starting the post-bacc program this Fall that needs a roommate?
Just got in too and probably might need a roommate too

Members don't see this ad.

I just got in as well, starting this autumn. I might also need housing (M, 29) if anyone needs another roommate! Also, does anyone know if there is a Facebook group or other contact group for foreign students at Elms? Or, if there are any foreign students on here attending Elms, any advice for a newcomer? It's my first time in the States and I looking for any hints and tips from people who have come before me. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I just got accepted and also looking for housing/ female roommate. Is anyone looking for a roommate?

Members don't see this ad :)
I go here too!

I got into a few other programs but this one was the most cost-effective /my family is local. Plus, it's very DIY and Dr. Williams helps you to create a class plan that works for you / your interests. Dr. Williams IS the program and she will have your back if you also do your part and work hard.

Some thoughts:
You have a WIDE mix of students here in terms of undergrad GPA / past experience. Some people come in with a sub 3.0, and some have 3.9s. I'm mid range ~3.4/3.5, but I definitely got some Cs in college. Some of us are right out of undergrad others took 3-5 years off. I took 3 years off and worked in politics/ healthcare management consulting.

I started this spring and am going to do this spring, summer, fall, and next spring. So far I have all As. I study A LOT and essentially make sure I memorize everything from lecture before going into a test. I think it's very doable to achieve that as long as you focus and don't mess around. I'm a little concerned about MCAT prep as (so far) none of my classes really require textbook reading and we are tested only on powerpoints so it doesn't force you to get the most comprehensive overview of the material you can get. Labs are taught by masters students or recently graduated masters students which, so far, has worked out great. I have already started studying for the MCAT on my own by basically reviewing the material I learn in class and doing questions I find based on that material.

Drewmighty is right - you are guaranteed an interview if you meet LECOMS GPA/MCAT minimal requirements.

I live in an off-campus apt, I pay $500 a month and love it. It's cheap to live around here and we all live in the library anyway so I don't see a need for any type of wild nightlife. I do work at the local hospital on the weekends so I don't have much of a choice anyway.

If I could, I would have started in the fall to have more time for MCAT prep as I'll be finishing classes AND studying for mcat AND doing the application. But, I wasn't ready to make that jump so I'm trying my best to make it all happen for myself, and so far so good!

I LOVE my incoming class, we are very tight, have group chats, go out together (when we can). I live with another post-bac and it's been great. All the post bacs live in the library which is moderately nice, so it's very easy to get to know each other. Elms is no harvard, but it REALLY fits the bill especially if you want to design your own curriculum and have a local hospital (that is easy to get involved with) with tons of pre-med-y jobs/ volunteer experience about 1 mile down the road. Scribe America just took over the whole baystate scribe program so they are hiring like crazy around here too.

I just got accepted to the pre-med program, but im actually in the PA track. Do you know anyone who is also in the PA track and their feedback about the program or any advice? Also, thank you so much for your review, it was really helpful!

Hello,
Anyone that completed this program and had luck with getting into dental school? Did the LECOM linkage apply for dental students?

Hello,
Anyone starting this program fall 2020? Does anyone know if the program will have in person classes given COVID-19? Trying to make some decisions before July.

Hello,
Anyone starting this program fall 2020? Does anyone know if the program will have in person classes given COVID-19? Trying to make some decisions before July.

No decision has been made yet. Even if fall classes go online, most likely spring will be in person.

Currently in the MBS program at Elms College. Looking for a female roommate. It's a 3 bedroom apartment. We have one room available. Rent is $334. It's a 2 min drive from Elms College. Please let me know if interested. Thank You.

Hello,

I just got accepted into the fall 2020 Post-bacc program! Anyone starting the post-bacc program this Fall on a pre-dental track?