Elon vs. MUSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caroPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted to both Elon and MUSC. Having a hard time deciding between the two and have to give MUSC an answer by Monday!

I know Elon's program well, but not MUSC's. So if anyone has any information/opinions on MUSC let me know!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptances! When did you hear from Elon? I am still waiting...

Thanks! They called me this past Wednesday. When did you interview? Hope you hear soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also was accepted to both...Elon in January and MUSC in February ... Loved Elon and the faculty.. Just did not want to wait until January to start.. Both are great schools.., Just felt the faculty at Elon seriously wanted you to succeed.. I have decided on Emory because i fell in love with the program but know either Elon or MUSC are great choices

3 year pass rates for both schools are similar (good at over 98%), tuition rates are similar for both, and ranking (which I would take with a grain of salt) aren't much different. Big difference is in rental costs, as would be expected if you are choosing between heart of LA and rural North Carolina (and I lived for 12 years in North Carolina so I'm not trying to be negative). You really can't go wrong with either of these schools, so if $ are the primary factor you'll save some money at Elon, but if you like big city life then Mt. St. Mary's is for you! Best of luck on your decision.

Last edited:
OK, now that I realized that I compared Elon to the wrong school, let's try this again. Both schools have just over 98% 3 year exam pass rates, which is good. Assuming that you aren't a SC resident, you'll find MUSC a bit more expensive than Elon (about $3K per year, so not a large diff). MUSC rent will also set you back a bit more than Elon. Finally, if you want to believe ratings, both schools are basically even. So if you aren't a SC resident, you'll save a bit going to Elon, but probably less than 10%, not enough to make it much of a factor. If you are loving Elon you can't go wrong with that choice, but MUSC is also a good school and will work if living in a rural area isn't exciting you. Good luck!