eLOR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Minun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm freaking out abit over here and I thought that if anyone would know the answer theyd be in this forum.

Ok so I sent an eLOR request to one of my professors who said they would be more than happy to write me a letter. Yesterday I just wanted to do a follow up in case she needed any extra materials to help her write my letter. She said "sure drop anything you want me to have by my office" - Great I could do that np...but when i checked my Pharmcas app it says she completed the form!....:eek:

So, now I'm technically sitting with a elor with no letter or, hopefully, (when she replies to me) a finished elor...

If its the latter, does anyone know if I can send the letter by mail to follow the form? Delete her as an elor and send her the email all over again? or what exactly I would do to get an actual "completed" elor in?????? :scared::scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad.

If the status says completed on your PharmCAS application.....I would say she completed the request form along with the LOR (probably a template LOR :confused:). Regarding your other question...the delete button is nonexistence once the LOR has been completed, you mite have to call PharmCAS directly....

Last edited:
Hmm, that's a pretty awkward situation. Hopefully she completed the eLOR but I don't know why she would still tell you to drop off stuff. Maybe she was expecting a present...? :p
But seriously, I would just e-mail her mentioning that you were going to drop off some extra info for her but noticed that PharmCAS said she already submitted the letter. Then, thank her for writing the letter and mention how much you appreciate it, blahblah. Or just go to her office and say the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys ty for the replies. I got to talk to her and she said she had written me the letter and filled out the form. She just thought that in addition to that email I would also need a hard copy to mail somewhere else so, thankfully, I am good :D

Hey guys ty for the replies. I got to talk to her and she said she had written me the letter and filled out the form. She just thought that in addition to that email I would also need a hard copy to mail somewhere else so, thankfully, I am good :D

Well that is good for you that the situation turned out for the better.

here's a dilemma i'd like to throw out to everyone:

i need one more recommendation, but the problem is, i've asked this particular person to submit an eLOR since the beginning of June. i've resent the PharmCAS eLOR request email and emailed him/her reminding that person to send the letter during the last week of Aug. or the first week of September.

still no letter.

should I just go ahead and e-submit and wait for the him/her to write? or should i just take that person off of my list? (i already have 3, and i need to get this sucker in before the 7th of september.

another question: would me e-submitting my app on pharmCAS w/o the last recommendation make my application incomplete? (this is if i did not delete the person off of the eLOR list)

thanks everyone. looking forward to your feedback. :)

Have you tried to meet up with this person - drop by their office etc? I'm actually anxiously waiting one more elor as well, same story: gave them my information in June and still nothing, but I went by my person's office a few weeks back to jog their memory and she was more than happy to write it so my fingers are still crossed for the time being...

I'm not sure how this works but I thought if you have your app complete and said person has the eLor request email you can go ahead and esubmit and they'd be able to send the letter after even with your app submitted already...:confused:

if i were to esubmit with the 3rd elor still not in, would i be able to change the recommender at a later time? My 3rd recommender hasn't responded to the requests or the emails i sent, and i can't just go drop in to see him because i am at school and he is a pharmacist i worked with at home. i know he is willing to write me one, i think he may have just forgot? any advice?

if i were to esubmit with the 3rd elor still not in, would i be able to change the recommender at a later time? My 3rd recommender hasn't responded to the requests or the emails i sent, and i can't just go drop in to see him because i am at school and he is a pharmacist i worked with at home. i know he is willing to write me one, i think he may have just forgot? any advice?
Once you e-submit, references cannot be changed unless it is an eLOR and the person rejects it. Otherwise, you are stuck with who you have and would probably have to get in touch with PharmCAS to remove the person.

That's why I'm planning on e-submitting without my last LOR listed yet. I will submit my last LOR's name when he assures me 100% that he is going to send it.