eLOR Thank Yous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mereafterthough

Cornell DVM c/o 2014!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan on sending all my eLORs thank you cards. Should I do this now? Since they just submitted them or wait until I hear back from vet schools? Thanks! 😀
 
I would do it right away. I'm trying to decide on cards, chocolate... something different for each one? Flowers would work, except they're pretty expensive, and one of my evaluators was a guy. Uhmm... I can make cookies? What if everyone doesn't like chocolate chip?

Jeez, I'm just finding new things to stress about all the time. 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hand delivered a card and some nice chocolate. I actually still need to deliver one...I'm a bad person 🙁
 
I'm planning on cookies and a card. Still don't have my app in though, so I'm going to have to wait a few days. Then go buy butter, since I don't have any.
 
I sent a note and a gift certificate for a local restaurant. I've also sent gift certificates for the local coffee shop as well, when I had to get evals for an volunteer position.
 
I think I'm going to have to stick with cards (since my eLORs are spread out) also I'm super poor. 🙁
 
I think I'm going to have to stick with cards (since my eLORs are spread out) also I'm super poor. 🙁

Nothing wrong with that... the people writing the LOR's aren't in it for the gifts (as much as they might enjoy them 😉). I sent a thank you card to my elor writer who lived far away, I gave a tiny gift and thank you card to the doctor I worked with (and he totally didn't have a use for the gift like I thought he might, so a card alone would have been better in retrospect 😛), and I just said "thanks" to a vet friend of mine who wrote the third. It's definitely the thought and sincerity that count!