1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

EM - acting internships/sub-i

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by cmyoung83, Dec 24, 2008.

1. cmyoung83

2+ Year Member

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of programs that offer 4th years an acting internship in emergency medicine. The only programs that I know of are metrohealth and ECU.

Happy holidays!
    C

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SoCuteMD

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Pretty much any EM residency offers a "sub-i" in EM, whether they title it as such or not. Places that come to mind: Denver, LA county, Indianapolis, BIDMC, MGH/BWH, NY Presbyterian, Christiana in Delaware, Georgetown, SUNY Downstate, UCLA Harbor, SUNY Buffalo, Cincinnati, and I could go on for days.

Like I said - pretty much any EM residency will offer one through their affiliated medical school.

4. vtucci

vtucci Attending in Emergency Medicine
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It may not be specifically listed as a sub-i or acting internship but under the elective section. Contact programs that you may be interested or that offer a different perspective from your home program (i.e., county, community).

Many schools require 4th year electives in EM and some programs leave the sub-i designation to more traditional fields like medicine/surg.

5. lucky_deadman

lucky_deadman Working Class Hero
    5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I whole heartedly second this statement.

Essentially all EM residency programs offer a Sub-I (or sometimes called an A-I or Acting-Internship). They just might not accept visiting students or be able to accommodate your schedule.