EM AI/electives in Manhattan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irrka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew about a good (fun?) place to do an EM AI this fall in Manhattan or Brooklyn or whatnot (i know i want to be in NYC or someplace warm on the east coast for residency, but i want to be some place more fun than say Staten Island... i've already put in my 6-7 years in midwest, i need some recovery)

Members don't see this ad.

irrka said:
Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew about a good (fun?) place to do an EM AI this fall in Manhattan or Brooklyn or whatnot (i know i want to be in NYC or someplace warm on the east coast for residency, but i want to be some place more fun than say Staten Island... i've already put in my 6-7 years in midwest, i need some recovery)

I would HIGHLY recommend Toxicology at Bellevue! It's offered through the Emergency Department, great high yield teaching, no patient responsibility, you get want you put into it.

EM at Bellevue is fantastic also. Great acedmics over there and you are taught by people who literally wrote the book. Down sides are the long hours (you might have to even come in on your days off for lecture) and not too much truama over there. Plus their whole system of doing things/looking up labs/what gets sent where can be a little hard to get used to. Good path too. You come out of there knowing a lot. A little shell shocked, but smarter nontheless :) .

Hmm, i might be totally inventing this, or maybe i heard this from some source i cant remember, but there was something about the residents there being miserable?