"EM applications up 33%"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
250-600k, depending on location and hours worked. Works out to 150ish/hr low end and 400/hr upper end. Some outliers above and below, for sure. I think avg is 210/hr
Who would do this job for 150-210 when you can find easy urgent care jobs that pay 150+? Not this guy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Who would do this job for 150-210 when you can find easy urgent care jobs that pay 150+? Not this guy.
Where are these easy UC jobs that pay $150+? The docs I know making that were seeing 40-60 pts/12 hr shift. That's a lot of people to have to interact with even if it's less cognitively taxing than a hospital based ED.

Where are these easy UC jobs that pay $150+? The docs I know making that were seeing 40-60 pts/12 hr shift. That's a lot of people to have to interact with even if it's less cognitively taxing than a hospital based ED.
I find the interactions with notsicks even more taxing than real patients. Dealing with 40-60 of them sounds like hell.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I find the interactions with notsicks even more taxing than real patients. Dealing with 40-60 of them sounds like hell.
I used to work in a high volume UC. Paid rather well for UC (250+/hr) but it was 5pph of such utter b***s***. 70% of people required no medical attention of any kind. 20% were there for chronic issues that I couldn't address which they then became angry about. 5% had some sort of legitimate medical problem that needed to go to the ER (which they then became angry about) and maybe 5% used UC for what it actually makes sense for (e.g. lac repairs), except a lac repair when you're trying to see 5pph completely destroys your flow and so ultimately, you hate those patients too.

Urgent care is the distillation of medical waste, inane complaints and absurd expectations into a spirit so foul that even my most hardened ED alcoholics wouldn't drink it.

Never again.

Reactions: 3 users
I used to work in a high volume UC. Paid rather well for UC (250+/hr) but it was 5pph of such utter b***s***. 70% of people required no medical attention of any kind. 20% were there for chronic issues that I couldn't address which they then became angry about. 5% had some sort of legitimate medical problem that needed to go to the ER (which they then became angry about) and maybe 5% used UC for what it actually makes sense for (e.g. lac repairs), except a lac repair when you're trying to see 5pph completely destroys your flow and so ultimately, you hate those patients too.

Urgent care is the distillation of medical waste, inane complaints and absurd expectations into a spirit so foul that even my most hardened ED alcoholics wouldn't drink it.

Never again.

"Urgent Care is where medicine goes to die."

Reactions: 5 users