EM+EM Couples Match??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byebyeburgh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My wife and I are third year medical students and are both really interested in emergency medicine. I know that couples matching in general can be challenging and I can only imagine that couples matching both in EM will be even more difficult. we are both pretty strong but not amazing candidates. so...
1. To tell or not tell programs? I'm of the mind to be upfront and tell people that we are together. Is this dumb/smart/neutral?
2. Have you guys and gals heard of programs where they will take couples? We are both outdoor types and would love to go to a program out west that has strong training but obviously we don't have our heart set on highland/denver/harbor etc. We would be happy most places (i think) but are particularly interested in OHSU and UNM. Alternatively, is anyone at a program that has unwritten rules about not taking couples?
3. Does it make sense to try and do an audition rotation together? we have worked together in the hospital and the people we work with don't think it's an issue but I guess it might make sense to try and go to a program and show them that's the case
any advice particularly from those involved in reviewing apps for residency would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.