allendo

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2004
Status
I was wondering if I complete a D.O. em residency can I do an EM felloship in hyperbarics or tox????

FoughtFyr

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2003
Status
Post Doc
allendo said:
I was wondering if I complete a D.O. em residency can I do an EM felloship in hyperbarics or tox????
The Toxicon consortium in Chicago has DO residents from the Olympia Fields program who rotate through as a required part of their residency. I can't imagine that they (Toxicon) wouldn't, therefore, consider a fellow from a DO program.

- H

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Visit site
Status
allendo said:
Yes, you can.

Q

dlung

Postprelim intern oranges
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2004
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Why not? There's a DO at UCSD tox right now.

OP
allendo

allendo

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2004
Status
Apollyon said:
Yeah, but did the fellow do a DO or MD residency?
Does it matter????

dlung

Postprelim intern oranges
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2004
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Apollyon said:
Yeah, but did the fellow do a DO or MD residency?
DO

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
SCREW IT!
allendo said:
Does it matter????
It matters in that it's the thesis of the entire thread. Don't be so defensive. It's well known that, if you complete an MD residency, you can do an MD fellowship, whether your degree is MD, DO, MBBS, MBBCh, MBBChBao, or whatever. What is not clear is what this thread is about.

OP
allendo

allendo

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2004
Status
Apollyon said:
It matters in that it's the thesis of the entire thread. Don't be so defensive. It's well known that, if you complete an MD residency, you can do an MD fellowship, whether your degree is MD, DO, MBBS, MBBCh, MBBChBao, or whatever. What is not clear is what this thread is about.
I just wanted to know if I could be accepted into the fellowship with a D.O. degree and after a D.O. residency? Most of the sites just say board eligable it says nothing about M.D. or D.O.

OP
allendo

allendo

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2004
Status
allendo said:
I just wanted to know if I could be accepted into the fellowship with a D.O. degree and after a D.O. residency? Most of the sites just say board eligable it says nothing about M.D. or D.O.
Also I'm assuming the fellowships are M.D.