EM/IM away SLOE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veiny_boehner

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I have a September EM/IM away rotation setup, and I'm worried now that this will result in a useless SLOE, if I even get one. I have a SLOE already from my home institution, and will hopefully get another SLOE from an August rotation, but will that be enough? Should I try to reschedule this EM/IM rotation for a pure EM program? How will categorical EM programs view an EM/IM SLOE?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

I have a September EM/IM away rotation setup, and I'm worried now that this will result in a useless SLOE, if I even get one. I have a SLOE already from my home institution, and will hopefully get another SLOE from an August rotation, but will that be enough? Should I try to reschedule this EM/IM rotation for a pure EM program? How will categorical EM programs view an EM/IM SLOE?

Do you want to do EM/IM with EM as a backup, or do you want to do EM and just thought that would be interesting?

Can't advise on what you SHOULD do but I have a classmate who did an EM/IM rotation, then decided to apply purely EM and still matched at the #1. They also had a home SLOE and an additional pure EM away SLOE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you want to do EM/IM with EM as a backup, or do you want to do EM and just thought that would be interesting?

I've been pursuing EM/IM with EM as back-up, but lately I'm having second thoughts on the utility of the IM training to my long-term goals, and I'm beginning to swing back towards pure EM.

I've been pursuing EM/IM with EM as back-up, but lately I'm having second thoughts on the utility of the IM training to my long-term goals, and I'm beginning to swing back towards pure EM.

That answers your question. EM/IM-> do the rotation. Just EM-> don't. Are you thinking about doing CCM after?

That answers your question. EM/IM-> do the rotation. Just EM-> don't. Are you thinking about doing CCM after?

Yes, thinking about academics, CCM, and admin. My biggest draw to EM/IM was being a well-rounded generalist and the prospect of CCM, but categorical EM could prepare me just as well. I'm struggling to commit 100% one way or the other, which makes the choice about this EM/IM away so difficult.