doc2be245

2+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2016
Status
  1. Medical Student
Hey all. I recently got my Step 1 Score - 232. I am a DO student and wanted to know if that is a good enough score to match EM as a DO. I wanted to do it at a mid tier academic location if possible. I currently go to school in the west coast but was hoping to move back to east coast after medical school.

Reactions: Osteoth

bashwell

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2013
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey all. I recently got my Step 1 Score - 232. I am a DO student and wanted to know if that is a good enough score to match EM as a DO. I wanted to do it at a mid tier academic location if possible. I currently go to school in the west coast but was hoping to move back to east coast after medical school.
NRMP charting outcomes might give you some vague idea. But they don't have data for DOs who took Step 1 as far as I know.

Main Residency Match Data and Reports - The Match, National Resident Matching Program

W19

Membership Revoked
Removed
Removed
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2014
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I think you are ok with that score... Perform also well on step2 (240+), get some good SLOE in 4th year, then you should be fine.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads