• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

PhillyDoc2015

5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Realized late in intern year that emergency medicine was not for me. I want to be a part of patients lives and watch them get better rather than feel like a machine trying to move as many parts through the system as possible without missing anything critical. Performed PM&R research as a first year and my significant other is a physical therapist, so decent exposure to the rehab field. Love the progress, complicated neuro/cardiac, and impact you have on patients lives (my experiences volunteering at a pediatric TBI summer camp have been life altering). Willing to repeat PGY-1 year to be happy in a PM&R position. Above average in-service exams (70th %tile), above average Step 1/2, lots of support from my program, great clinical reviews in medical school and residency. Planning on reapplying in the match for PM&R this October.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.