1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

EM & Shock Trauma

Discussion in 'Critical Care' started by stebb, Jul 21, 2006.

1. stebb

stebb Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Hello to anyone that can help...

i understand that there is one can complete an EM residency then pursue the trauma/critical care fellowship at Shock Trauma in Maryland...but to be honest i'm not sure what this fellowship entails. What kind of role would the EM physician have as opposed to a surgeon who pursues this fellowship. Would one be able to be SICU attending?

Anyone complete this program or hear anything about it?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. threepeas

threepeas Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i know of two ER physicians who graduated from umab er residency and then completed the one yr shock trauma fellowship. not a lot of peeps go into CCM so they are ER doc friendly. one of the two is a SICU attending and has been for a number of years and doesnt do any ER except for one shift a month. the other hasnt gotten into CCM yet because she is still getting her feet wet as an ER attending.

4. waterski232002

waterski232002 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    One of my attendings in medical school did an EM residency at John's Hopkins and then did the Shock/Trauma fellowship. He worked as an attending at the University of Florida in both the Emergency Department and the SICU, splitting the time.