EM & Shock Trauma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stebb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to anyone that can help...

i understand that there is one can complete an EM residency then pursue the trauma/critical care fellowship at Shock Trauma in Maryland...but to be honest i'm not sure what this fellowship entails. What kind of role would the EM physician have as opposed to a surgeon who pursues this fellowship. Would one be able to be SICU attending?

Anyone complete this program or hear anything about it?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i know of two ER physicians who graduated from umab er residency and then completed the one yr shock trauma fellowship. not a lot of peeps go into CCM so they are ER doc friendly. one of the two is a SICU attending and has been for a number of years and doesnt do any ER except for one shift a month. the other hasnt gotten into CCM yet because she is still getting her feet wet as an ER attending.

One of my attendings in medical school did an EM residency at John's Hopkins and then did the Shock/Trauma fellowship. He worked as an attending at the University of Florida in both the Emergency Department and the SICU, splitting the time.