Email Error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlinblr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I recently sent an email to the admissions committee about a question in their interview process.
I began the email with "I hope are you doing well" instead of "I hope you are doing well."

I feel like such a fool, should I send them a follow up and say I meant to say "I hope you are doing well," or should I just leave it...I feel it should be harmless to point it out and correct it in a follow up email right?
Any advice would help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So I recently sent an email to the admissions committee about a question in their interview process.
I began the email with "I hope are you doing well" instead of "I hope you are doing well."

I feel like such a fool, should I send them a follow up and say I meant to say "I hope you are doing well," or should I just leave it...I feel it should be harmless to point it out and correct it in a follow up email right?
Any advice would help!
My brain auto-corrected your first phrase so it seemed identical to the second. I had to go back and read more carefully to see the difference. I'd bet that busy admissions office staffers will do the same, so it won't be in your best interests to bring attention to a mistake that isn't likely to be consciously appreciated.

Reactions: 9 users
Deep breaths. Just leave it, it's not the end of the world. No medical school is going to reject you based on that tiny typo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fingers crossed, thanks a lot for the advice!!

Admission committee meeting.
Faculty 1: hey jlinblr seems like a great candidate.
Faculty 2: i agree, move to accept?
Faculty 3: wait guys, they made a grammar mistake once when they emailed the office
All faculty: reject!

Reactions: 14 users
My brain auto-corrected your first phrase so it seemed identical to the second. I had to go back and read more carefully to see the difference. I'd bet that busy admissions office staffers will do the same, so it won't be in your best interests to bring attention to a mistake that isn't likely to be consciously appreciated.

I did the exact same thing, except it took me 3 reads to actually see the difference.

Reactions: 7 users
Better get that app ready for next cycle opie. Hate to break it to you.

You fired are.

Reactions: 1 user
This is the most neurotic thing I have ever seen in my life. Following up with another email trying to fix something so trivial will not be looked favorably.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Your medical career is over.

Hey guys,

Any advice would help!

Reactions: 1 users
This is the most neurotic thing I have ever seen in my life. Following up with another email fixing so trivial will not be looked favorably.

Trust me, some pre-meds are neurotic!
One time, I thought taking Microbiology and Anatomy would make me look like GPA padding. I came to my senses the next day. Or I thought joining USMC as Reservist would help me become a Physician (it wasn't).
Myself proves it.