email etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UOP123321

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I visited a dental school from two weeks and i have met the assistant dean and the director of admission

I was hoping to send a thank you email for having me, but i don't know how to begin of if it is late to do it.

Any suggestions or help, please?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would have emailed a few days after since who I am would still be fresh in their minds. Start off with a Dear _____, thank you for having me etc. Be polite and formal.

Reactions: 1 users
It's never too late to email and reach out to introduce yourself. I would make the email have 1-2 follow up questions rather than a generic thank you message. That way you could continue the conversation (and remain in their consciousness).

Also don't say you met them two weeks ago in the email, just say, I really appreciate you taking the time to meet with me recently. After visiting the campus I'm more than ever interested in this program and have two follow up questions from our meeting....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's never too late to email and reach out to introduce yourself. I would make the email have 1-2 follow up questions rather than a generic thank you message. That way you could continue the conversation (and remain in their consciousness).

Also don't say you met them two weeks ago in the email, just say, I really appreciate you taking the time to meet with me recently. After visiting the campus I'm more than ever interested in this program and have two follow up questions from our meeting....
Very nicely done.

I visited a dental school from two weeks and i have met the assistant dean and the director of admission

I was hoping to send a thank you email for having me, but i don't know how to begin of if it is late to do it.

Any suggestions or help, please?
Thats an awesome idea! Thanks for the post