Email to PD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liz1599

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you plan to email the PD at your top choices to inform them that you are ranking them highly ?

Members don't see this ad.

We may have gone over this already.

Nah, nobody has done this before.

-FMcF

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess the thread entitled "telling a pd they're your number 1" means something different. Even my english comprehension has suffered due to my 4th year laziness.

How would a PD know you're interested without hourly emails? Forgetting that would be like not FedExing face shots of yourself every day or not sleeping in the PD's back seat so you can discuss your app with him to and from work, home and everywhere he goes. It would be like not assuming the PD's identity and crashing the ranking sessions to make yourself #1. I mean you might as well just give up.

(See I can joke around like this knowing that BKN et. al. will just paste this into some thread entitled "Should I email the group I want to work for?)

I have spoken to some people who have sent " a letter of interest" or
had their school's program director or chairman call their number one choice on their behalf. Just wondering if this was common practice and if it would help.