Emailing Programs?

Started by cc_pt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cc_pt

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do schools appreciate when applicants reach out to them? I am wondering how long I should wait after the deadline before emailing to ask in regards to my status.
 
It depends, I used to shoot the **** with the admissions counselor with Loma Linda because she was so insightful and provided a lot of information about the interviewer. I got a lot of good information and used it in my interview, ultimately getting accepted. If you get a friendly vibe off of the admissions counselor then go for it. However, I have dealt with some counselors at other schools who just look at you like a number and I instantly knew not to bother them. Feel the vibe out and decide. It could help you out with the process.
 
Last edited: