Emed JS???? HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prepremed18079

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So at the Academic Medical center near me there is an Emergency Medicine Resident who is PGY-3 and he went to Duke university for undergrad, med school, and law school. Duke is my number one college choice and I am considering emergency medicine. I know most places/attendings dont allow resident shadows, but i feel like it would be a great shadow experience plus a good addition to my meical/professional network... I'm afraid next year when he is an attending he will be somewhere bigger and better and I would have missed my chance.... what should i do????????
 
Ha. I know who you're talking about. He's really chill.

Just email him or the med student education coordinator.

Be persistent.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So at the Academic Medical center near me there is an Emergency Medicine Resident who is PGY-3 and he went to Duke university for undergrad, med school, and law school. Duke is my number one college choice and I am considering emergency medicine. I know most places/attendings dont allow resident shadows, but i feel like it would be a great shadow experience plus a good addition to my meical/professional network... I'm afraid next year when he is an attending he will be somewhere bigger and better and I would have missed my chance.... what should i do????????

Take a Xanax and use less punctuation.