Emergency Medicine Fellowship Sub-Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waterski232002

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we start an Emergency Medicine Fellowship Sub-Forum??? That way we can consolidate all the threads for those of us interested in applying for and/or discussing issues around them. Particularly... Peds, EMS, Tox, Hyperbaric Medicine, Sports Medicine. And new developments in cardiology and critical care medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

It would keep from the same questions coming up over and over again. The subspecialty threads always get lost b/c they are not as active as the general residency threads. Anyone else interested in starting a sub-forum? Just a thought.

The "Journal Club" Sub-Forum sure as hell isn't necessary!

Members don't see this ad :)
waterski232002 said:
The "Journal Club" thread sure as hell isn't necessary!

I thought the Journal Club subforum was a great idea when I suggested it, but people do not participate in it. I must admit that I don't even check it on a regular basis!

Perhaps the best thing to do is to write articles on the subject of EM fellowships and post them on studentdoctor.net (the main page, not the forums). A link could be provided to that area.

I would like to see the SDN main page to come up with various specialty pages and instead of the FAQ stickies, application stickies, etc. being in the forum, move all of those to the SDN webpage (not the forum) and only provide a link to them in the forum.

For the meantime, you can get a fellowship list at www.saem.org.

Where did you match, waterski?

southerndoc said:
I thought the Journal Club subforum was a great idea when I suggested it, but people do not participate in it. I must admit that I don't even check it on a regular basis!

Perhaps the best thing to do is to write articles on the subject of EM fellowships and post them on studentdoctor.net (the main page, not the forums). A link could be provided to that area.

I would like to see the SDN main page to come up with various specialty pages and instead of the FAQ stickies, application stickies, etc. being in the forum, move all of those to the SDN webpage (not the forum) and only provide a link to them in the forum.

I'm a resident at the University of Chicago... I've seen the list on saem.org. Freida actually has a much better list.

I'm actually more interested in the creation of new fellowships like critical care and cardiac EM. I would also like to see continued expansion of triple boarding EM/IM/CC. So far there's only 2 programs which offer the triple board, and I don't think they've actually started accepting new applicants yet.

southerndoc said:

Yeah I always forget to check out those forums, but think the idea is cool. I think the fellowship forum would be ok too, even if not many folks post on it, just so that the option is there for folks to do it. I'm sure during peak times of the year it can get busy if throughout the year people know that it is available here. If you put it up right before people start deciding where they want to go, it probably won't be high traffic message board. I say put it in and just see how it does for about a year.