Step I Emergency Medicine - Step 2

Started by ys
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ys

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an IMG and have a weak EM background. I was wondering if I should supplement my Step 2 studies with an EM specific review book, e.g. Blueprints EM , First Aid for EM clerkship.
Or would the books I am currently using (Crush Step 2, Blueprint series) sufficiently cover emergency medicine.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
 
I had my EM rotation 2 months before doing my step II. I didn't study specifically for EM for my step II, and I don't recall there being too many EM questions on step II. Maybe just some basic stuff, but there was stuff like basic radiology too, so I think that you be able to answer most of the EM questions if you just know the other main disciplines (medicine, surgery, peds, ob).