Emergency Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.


New Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
Reaction score
Hi my name is Gary I am new to this network, and I am wanting to know if there is anyone in the UK who can help me with any info about medical school in Teeside UK and also how I go about studing Emergency Medicine in school.???

Members don't see this ad.
EM is called Accident and Emergency (A&E) in the UK. It's not really a well-developed specialty there, from what I understand.

EM is an American prodigy and thus is best studied in the U.S., IMHO.
Yea I want to stay in the UK and the Er department (A+E) is a path that not many Drs take, I am not one of them, I on the other hand would like to take this path, as it best suits me and my interest.