Emergency Shoes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wore a pair of minimalist, thin-soled Merrell sneakers through all of residency and my first year as an attending. They had very little support. I just replaced them because I finally wore a hole through the sole. Great shoes. I'll miss them.

I've never had any foot issues, though. If you do, you might want more cushioning for hours of walking on concrete floors.

Members don't see this ad.

I wore a pair of minimalist, thin-soled Merrell sneakers through all of residency and my first year as an attending. They had very little support. I just replaced them because I finally wore a hole through the sole. Great shoes. I'll miss them.

I've never had any foot issues, though. If you do, you might want more cushioning for hours of walking on concrete floors.

Yep. I officially hate you. :)

Merrell Jungle Mocs are money in my opinion. Best shoes I've ever owned besides my Chacos. Solid sole, breathable, easy to clean off, and easy to slip off when you have a minute to sit down. I also bought a pair of Merrell Trail Glove shoes and have worn them a lot on this EM rotation and really like them as well. Bought them at a Merrell outlet store for half price.

Members don't see this ad :)
Team Merrell here. I like the wide option for those of us with wide feet. I like the jungle mocs, have had 2 pairs and will definitely buy them again.

For those of you who like nice shoes, I'm a big fan of Bed Stu. I've owned 5 or 6 pairs of shoes and boots from them and they look slick and are comfortable. For those of you who wear scrubs, just get a nice pair of running shoes.

I know this thread is over 4 years old but anyone have any new suggestions for shoes?

ECCO shoes. They are expensive like $200 but 1) you get to expense them and 2) they are comfy as phuck. They are real shoes not this croc crap.