"Emergency Surgery" and other app mistakes

Started by JBlue
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JBlue

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My transcript has my EM elective listed as "Emergency Surgery". I am having the school fix it but I go on my first interview on Monday and am wondering if I should point it out to the program. My SLOR has my grade on it so I am not sure how important this is. Also, my Dean's letter has my GPA .2 lower than it really is (my transcript has the correct GPA) and it has a blank space for my EM comments. Again, my SLORs have comments so I am inclined to think it doesn't really matter but I just wanted to make sure. Should I be more anal about getting my applicatin fixed on ERAS or just update the programs as I interview there? Also, will these things matter to a program?
 
My transcript has my EM elective listed as "Emergency Surgery". I am having the school fix it but I go on my first interview on Monday and am wondering if I should point it out to the program. My SLOR has my grade on it so I am not sure how important this is. Also, my Dean's letter has my GPA .2 lower than it really is (my transcript has the correct GPA) and it has a blank space for my EM comments. Again, my SLORs have comments so I am inclined to think it doesn't really matter but I just wanted to make sure. Should I be more anal about getting my applicatin fixed on ERAS or just update the programs as I interview there? Also, will these things matter to a program?

Hard to say if these things would matter or not. I tend to think not much, but get them cleaned up anyway.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am fairly new at all of this myself, but I would think that an applicant who is skilled in emergency surgery (laparoscopy for ovarian torsion, trauma Whipple, burr holes, etc.) would have a competitive advantage at most programs. Why call a surgeon and put up with their attitude when your intern can just do the case in the trauma bay?
 
I put the wrong date for my Step 2CK. It was supposed to say 2007, but I accidentaly put the wrong year and it says 2008. I freaked out about it at first, but I've been getting a lot of interviews so either they didn't notice or figured what I meant.