EMG e-text introduction?

Started by danielmd06
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

danielmd06

Neurosomnologist
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good afternoon all!

I am at long last (it's my final year of residency) going to take an elective month in EMG (January).

I have the Shapiro text, but was wondering if anyone had advice about reviews or introductory materials that are available for free perusal on the internet.

Should I just read the book, or is it too dense for starters?

Thanks,

Dan
 
Good afternoon all!

I am at long last (it's my final year of residency) going to take an elective month in EMG (January).

I have the Shapiro text, but was wondering if anyone had advice about reviews or introductory materials that are available for free perusal on the internet.

Should I just read the book, or is it too dense for starters?

Thanks,

Dan


I guess you could look at stuff on the web, but I'd strongly suggest reading the Preston & Shapiro for starters. I think it's really the best book out there, and it's actually the perfect book for "starters."

Another useful thing would be an EMG simulation program (the new P&S edition might come with one actually) to get used to looking at EMG waveforms.