Emory and Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiki23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I interviewed at both Vanderbilt and Emory and am really unsure which program to rank first. Both programs are on the larger-side and offer a variety of fellowships. My impression is that Vanderbilt has a strong CP program but is weak in Derm. I did not learn much about the CP program at Emory. Both AP programs seem strong. I am just wondering if anything stood out for people about these programs (good or bad).

Thanks for your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Greetings,

I interviewed at both Vanderbilt and Emory and am really unsure which program to rank first. Both programs are on the larger-side and offer a variety of fellowships. My impression is that Vanderbilt has a strong CP program but is weak in Derm. I did not learn much about the CP program at Emory. Both AP programs seem strong. I am just wondering if anything stood out for people about these programs (good or bad).

Actually both programs aren't really up to snuff compared to the top programs. I wouldn't even rank them.

Actually both programs aren't really up to snuff compared to the top programs. I wouldn't even rank them.

agreed! medical students are so silly

Members don't see this ad :)
Hornswaggle.

I don't know either program intimately, but both have a well known name or two in their respective niches, and both seem large enough to expose residents to enough variety and volume. You'd have to find someone who's been there to comment on the actual teaching, scutworthiness, and overall atmospheres.

If you do not train at Harvard or Stanford then you are wasting your time. There will be no job for you and there will be little chance to be successful. A wise person once said that if you want to apply to pathology you need to also apply to another residency field. Rank Harvard and Stanford pathology programs #1 and #2. Starting with #3, rank the programs in the other field, even if they are lower tier.

;)

Greetings,

They both have a number of very famous pathologist. (kay washington, Page and weiss come quickly to mind). I woud just rank them according to where you'd rather live.

vqgnc7.gif