General Admissions & OTCAS Emory & Henry MOT interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avpoeOT6477

Reaction score
Hi!

I have an interview at Emory & Henry coming up and wanted to see if anyone knew what the interview was like and what type of questions they have asked in past years?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Current E&H MOT student. The interview is really relaxed. You will have a tour/ one on one interview with professors or administrators. Everyone here is super down to earth and will make you feel welcome.

The types of questions are pretty standard to what you will find on the AOTA website.

https://www.aota.org/Education-Careers/Students/Pulse/Archive/job-search/interview.aspx

I really don’t want to give you too many specifics because part of doing an interview is being able to think in the moment. But rest assured that you will really enjoy the people you meet, and what the program has to offer.

Hi there! I submitted my application in Early December and have not heard anything back yet. Do you know when they will send out interview invitations or if they have already?

Members don't see this ad :)
First round of interviews is Jan, then Feb, and then March.

I would stress too much about hearing back from them. I didn’t get my invite to interview till late Jan, and came out here in March.

I applied late November and received an interview invite this morning. But I might have to decline because I have already accepted an interview that is scheduled for the same day. Is there a chance I could ask them about rescheduling?

I don’t see why not.. Traci is pretty easy going. Just tell her something came up family wise and ask if you can reschedule for February.

I don’t see why not.. Traci is pretty easy going. Just tell her something came up family wise and ask if you can reschedule for February.
It's actually scheduled for Feb 9th, do you think it would decrease my chances if I ask to reschedule for March?

They accept students from every interview. How many invites are offered, I’m not sure. Our class size is 35 students right now, so they may be doing an additional slot this year. About 120 people are invited to interview—- so if someone comes in with similar stats- and kills the in person interview, I would think they would offer the person who was there first the slot.

I know it’s a tough decision, but if you want to be considered for both programs, you will have to delay one of them.

Also that being said.. we had slots come open as far as August (early) because people got accepted to other programs. So even if you end up on the waitlist.. you could still be offered a slot. E&H is excellent about communication on where you fall on the list (divided by 3rds).