Emory or Chatham

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jchen707

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard from either Emory or Chatham about an interview? I got a thing from Emory a couple weeks ago saying that my file is complete for review and would hear from them soon. I also got something similar from Chatham.... Anyone hear about an interview invite for either one of them?

Members don't see this ad.

When was your PTCAS mailed, and how soon after did you hear from Chatham? I applied there as well, and havent heard if they even got all of my materials. Thanks

My PTCAS was sent out on 9/13. Temple sent me an email 2 days later about an interview invite. Emory sent me an email saying I should hear from them soon on 9/27 and Chatham sent an email saying they will review it blah blah blah on 9/20. It's just I found that Temple sent out their interview invitation so fast whereas Emory and Chatham haven't sent me anything about an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm my PTCAS was sent 9/21 and Temple and Chatham are actually the only 2 I havent heard anything from at all. Ive heard from the other schools about interviews, or that they at least received my app. Will have to call both tomorrow to talk to someone. Thanks for posting. Good luck

so you've heard from Emory about an interview invite? or just that you should be hearing from them soon..?

Hey there, I applied to Chatham last year and I remember it was a few days before Halloween when I got their interview email... maybe Oct 27th or 28th? Hope this helps!!

No word from Emory for me. I haven't gotten a completed application email yet either... I am planning on making some phone calls tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted!

Early Interview Date for Chatham is Nov. 19th (I think). Their open house is on Oct 29th. I remember last year when I went to the open house I knew I had an invite to early decision interview.

I can check my past emails if you want more specifics. :) I think the person you'll want to talk to if you have any questions is Genny Parker.

i got my emory interview invite yesterday by email if that helps

I called Emory's director just now and she told me that I might have to still wait a couple more weeks till I hear from them. :( ugh, I am really hoping for good news since They are my top choice. Chatham sent me an email today saying that I have to decide if I want to be considered in the priority decision pile or regular pile bc my app was completed so early and then I would hear about an interview invite afterwards depending on my choice.

Chatham sent me an email today saying that I have to decide if I want to be considered in the priority decision pile or regular pile bc my app was completed so early and then I would hear about an interview invite afterwards depending on my choice.

FYI- if you go early decision you are only up against around 40-60 applicants; if you wait until regular decision you are up against 100-200 applicants. Most of the 2nd years and people in my class were early decision applicants (I think they took 20 [out of 36] at early decision and the rest from regular/waitlist). :)

i got my emory interview invite yesterday by email if that helps

Can I ask when emory received all of your application materials? I got the email about my file being complete for review on 9/27 i believe.

sure, i sent in everything on july 31-ish and i got the email saying that my file was complete for review on 9/20

I got an interview invitation from Chatham today for November 19th! :soexcited:

I got an interview invitation from Chatham today for November 19th! :soexcited:

Congratulations! I'm currently a 1st year, so if you have any questions you can PM me.

I'll be helping out at the upcoming open house on Oct 29, but won't be at the Nov 19th date. :)

I also just got an interview invite to Chatham for November 19th. I'm so excited!! :soexcited:

I am interviewing at Chatham on 1/21.

Anyone know what essay questions to expect?

And about how many people they will accept?

I was at the interview last year and they told us they had already admitted 20 students from the priority interview a few months earlier. They interviewed around 140 students in two sessions last January to fill up the class for a total of 36. The odds weren't really very good so it would have been nice to know they were only accepting around 16 more students out of the 140 there to interview. I don't remember exactly what the essay questions were but it wasn't anything you need to study for. It was just about what you would do in certain situations.

I'm also interviewing on the 21st, and to tell the truth I'm a bit nervous about the essay question- I have yet to do an interview process with an essay question. So yes, if anyone has any idea about what type of essay question they might have, an insight would be appreciated.

To the two who have interviews coming up on the 21st-- first off, congratulations! I hope you enjoy your interview day; Chatham does a pretty good job of making you feel welcome. :) If you have any specifics about the interview date, please feel free to PM me.

Also, if it makes you feel better, they do shoot for a class size of 36, however they actually accept around 70 or 80 students... I just found this out at the open house when I volunteered this fall (I'm a 1st year student) because I guess that many people will get accepted and eventually turn Chatham down for a different school... So although they will have around 20 "accepted" from priority, they do "over-accept" so that's why being on the waitlist isn't so bad... The chances of you getting in are still decent. :)

As far as the essays, they are not difficult. One will be some type of morals/ethic scenario where you'll be asked "what would you do" and then the other 2 that I had were more about me as a person- talk about a trait that you feel is a good one that you would bring to the group if you were accepted and talk about a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you overcame it and succeeded.

So, again, congratulations, try to breathe and if you have any questions I am more than happy to help! :)