Emory Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frantic983

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Briefly discuss (in approximately 100 words) any special interests attracting you to Emory."

Is this a standard tell me why you want to go to Emory question, or is it asking if you have connections to the university, or something esle?

Members don't see this ad.

It is just a standard question asking you why you want to attend Emory.

bump....i cant find any info on emory, like the curriculum, clinical years etc!!

Members don't see this ad :)
just bumping this thread up...hello there..anyone submitted it yet? anyone receive confirmations or anything...let's keep this thread on the 1st page..

L~R :luck:

LRmed2003 said:
just bumping this thread up...hello there..anyone submitted it yet? anyone receive confirmations or anything...let's keep this thread on the 1st page..

L~R :luck:

I submitted yesterday and mailed off the photo, etc a few days before....now more waiting!!!!

Just so everyone knows though--on the bit where they ask you to check off the requirements you've met and to explain the ones you haven't, Emory SOM DOES count writing courses as "English" courses, even if they weren't taught by an English department. This was an issue for me coming from Emory because I APd out of the required freshman english classes but then fulfilled the requirement for writing-intensive classes with the "WR" label through other departments. This may be helpful to anyone else applying from Emory or from a school with a similar system!

Maybe this e-mail will exchange help others also:

Me: I would like to find out if Advanced Placement credits and Pass/Fail (Pass) credits are acceptable toward the 6 hours of English courses and 18 hours of Humanities and Social/Behavioral Sciences courses required for admission to the M.D. program.

Emory: Courses that appear on your college transcript will count towards the appropriate course requirements.
-Office of Admissions, Emory University School of Medicine.

- Good to know about the "W"-classified writing-intensive courses being okay, as well. We had that at my school too. Thanks, bidster! -

Just an update and bump....I got this email yesterday morning from Emory:

From: Emory Medical School Admissions <[email protected]>
Subject: Application to Emory Medical School

Your application to Emory University School of Medicine is complete and in the review process. If you are invited to interview at Emory you will be contacted by e-mail between now and the third week of February. Applicants we are unable to interview will be notified of their final status in March.

We wish you the very best and hope we will be able to invite you for an interview.

Office of Admissions

Emory University School of Medicine

Gotta love that wording....I hope they "will be able to invite" me for an interview too! :laugh:

best of luck to everyone applying to emory this year. i'm a first year student and it's a great school. the people are incredibly friendly, compared to some of the other med schools i interviewed at.

bump...

I just got it Sept. 2nd. They apparently do a "light screen" before sending it.

good luck to you guys. i shadowed some resident and med student teams at Grady, the biggest of the 3 Emory affiliated hospitals (and by far the biggest). it was really exciting and seems like a great place to train.