Emory University DPT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoosierDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had an interview from Emory DPT yet? I was just recently offered an interview there. It is going to be a group interview. I'm not really sure what to expect at all, this will be my first interview. Let me know if anyone has any advice!
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had an interview from Emory DPT yet? I was just recently offered an interview there. It is going to be a group interview. I'm not really sure what to expect at all, this will be my first interview. Let me know if anyone has any advice!
thanks!
I checked on the website that deadline of Emory is like Feb. the interview has started???:confused:

thanks!

Congrats Hoosier! Like so many people have replied to my post. Use the search function and type in "Physical Therapy Interviews" and there will be some great questions on there. Also, you may get a tour, lunch maybe, group interview may be structured or a free for all (im scared of the group interviews also)

You still want to live in Chicago though right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I'm a student there. The interview is nothing to worry about and the whole day is one of the more relaxed interview days I had (though it is long :)) You hear a whole lot about the program, take a tour, eat lunch, etc. The actual interview is between a small group of faculty (3or so) and 2-3 students. All the questions are really straightforward, nothing tricky. I don't remember the exact questions, but they are along the lines of why PT, why Emory? All of our faculty members are really friendly and easy to talk to so it doesn't end up feeling like you are on the spot too much. As I recall, each person takes turns answering 1st, 2nd, 3rd. It's really an opportunity to clue them in to how much you know about the profession and your personality so let that shine through! Also, make sure you have some intelligent questions to ask them at the end about the program. So no worries, I'm sure you'll do great!

I checked on the website that deadline of Emory is like Feb. the interview has started???:confused:

Yes I believe you're right the deadline is feb. but they have rolling admissions so they continually review applications and have interviews Nov-march. I do think your chances are better if you apply early though and get one of the earlier interviews when they still have many spots to fill.

Congrats Hoosier! Like so many people have replied to my post. Use the search function and type in "Physical Therapy Interviews" and there will be some great questions on there. Also, you may get a tour, lunch maybe, group interview may be structured or a free for all (im scared of the group interviews also)

You still want to live in Chicago though right?

Thanks! yeah I really want to take some time to prepare so that i'm not nervous. I've never really had an important interview before.

Yes I still would much prefer to go to school in chicago. I am anxiously waiting to hear from Northwestern and UIC but nothing yet.. so i'm going to keep my options open and interview with other schools since I did apply to a bunch.

Yes I believe you're right the deadline is feb. but they have rolling admissions so they continually review applications and have interviews Nov-march. I do think your chances are better if you apply early though and get one of the earlier interviews when they still have many spots to fill.
Thanks for your advice. I totally agree that early application will enhance the chance to get in. BTW, would you mind to tell sth about your condition? like how much is your GPA, GRE and observation experience? :)

Thanks for your advice. I totally agree that early application will enhance the chance to get in. BTW, would you mind to tell sth about your condition? like how much is your GPA, GRE and observation experience? :)

My GPA is overall 3.86 and prereq 3.91 GRE score 1070 with 3.5 AW so i was pretty nervous about getting an interview with emory bc of my GRE but I did get one on Dec 3rd so ill let you know how it goes. good luck!

I was also offered an interview at Emory! I am so nervous. Does anyone have a list of questions that may be asked at this interview??