Emory vs. Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quaker

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 1 day to decide and am utterly clueless. Any info people can give me about either school would be much appreciated. Are the students that unhappy at Emory? What is there to do around Einstein (the location is poor at best)? Does the admin at either school foster student happiness? Will either school give me an advantage over the other in terms of residency? Please le me know any information you have about either school that would be a factor in deciding.

Members don't see this ad.

hi Quaker. I am currnetly planning on attending AECOM in the Fall. I have heard that the students are really unhappy at Emory. I never applied there since I am from NYC, but a friend of mine interviewed there and immediately withdrew. Einstein's neighborhood is not that bad. It's a quiet nice neighborhood. There is a big park a block away and some stores and delis also a video store or two in the immediate neighborhood. Students are happy at Einstein. Ask any of them and they will tell you they love it. I had the choice between Upenn and AE and i chose Einstein because I know I will be happy and have time to be with my wife. The location of Ae allowes one to seriously pursue there career goal while also giving them the opportunity to drive or take an express bus into Manhattan whenever needed. it's not that long of a ride, I tried it with my wife since she will be at school in the city. I know Einstein's administration is EXTREMELY supportive of the students. Students yield a lot of power at Einstein. I know this to be a fact. The administration gives out many grants for students to travel almost anywhere in the world during third and fourth year electives or during the summers. A friend of mine and his wife ar travelling to Jerusalem next year for 2 months so he can take an elective there, einstein is paying for airfare, accomodations, food, and additional recreational costs. Students go to england, Africa, and Alaska, etc... The financial aid dude at Einstein Mr. Lloyd Greenberg is extremely helpful and the housing at Einstein is perhaps the most comfortable and spacious of all med schools. Residency placement: The students are generally happy with their placements. Einstein has an excellent reputation regarding residency. You should not have any problem getting either your top or second choice residency. I can not speak for Emory's residency placement, I just dont know. Bottom line, I assure you that you will feel comfortable at Einstein, and as soon as you settle in and begin to study you will be delighted with your decision.
Let us know your final decision, and if you decide to come to einstein, email [email protected] and you will be welcomed into the AECOM Class of 2004. Good Luck.
P.S. Einstein has one of the least amount of hours in lecture. They will give you a base and foundation and will help you build your medical knowledge and structure going at your own pace.