Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yamaniakit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Emory's EM program? faculty? 4th year student rotation? etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Solid program, lots of patients at Grady, one of the largest departments in the country, lots of great faculty...

Only downfall... not much supervision so I hear. Maybe someone here can comment on that.

Having said that, the Emory EM graduates I have worked with have been stellar EM physicians!

I'm a first-going on second year resident at Emory and I love it. I decided to come here because I wanted to be in a big inner city program. Initially I was a little worried about the supervision in such a big department with 100+ patients but I really haven't found it to be the case. You are pushed to jump in and do things that you may not at first feel comfortable with, but its a learning experience and the attendings are always there. In fact I go down to the ED and ask our attendings about my patients when I'm on Medicine and MICU call because they are readily available and always willing to offer advice or guidance.