Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anestheticman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter from Emory transitional saying that if I get an interview there for Anesthesia I basically automatically get one for their transitional and that I wouldn't need a separate date....
Does this apply to other programs too? Should I be calling preliminary programs in a given area to check on this?

Members don't see this ad.

the issue of a "built in" transitional year is progra dependent, and thus you would need to find out from each program individually. there are people every year who assume it's built in, and then end up scrambling for a transitional year spot. don't be one of those people!

virginia mason is the same. I hadn't applied to TY there, but I did real quick after I got the gas interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK but in the Virginia Mason interview invite, did they tell you to apply/ that you get an interview for both automatically? Or did you just go and decide to apply on your own?

OK but in the Virginia Mason interview invite, did they tell you to apply/ that you get an interview for both automatically? Or did you just go and decide to apply on your own?

they said during the day you would also meet with the ty pd and there was no need to schedule a separate ty iv. so i went and applied on my own

so what do people know about Emory's program? is it good? strong? any information would be helpful. thanks.

225 cutoff this year. i just finished an away month there, PM me if you'd like