-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Emory
Started by WantAnMPH
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
how long from when you turned in your app till you got a response???
also- what concentrations did yall choose???
also- what concentrations did yall choose???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted into their Health Education/Behavioral Sciences department, and i'm also about 90% sure that I will be there... a big part of it is because Emory is so much cheaper!
although -- i sorta want to switch into Epi...
anyone going to the accepted students day at the end of March?
although -- i sorta want to switch into Epi...
anyone going to the accepted students day at the end of March?
I was accepted into their Health Education/Behavioral Sciences department, and i'm also about 90% sure that I will be there... a big part of it is because Emory is so much cheaper!
although -- i sorta want to switch into Epi...
anyone going to the accepted students day at the end of March?
hey beeberoni, i got accepted into their BSHE dept too! i may go to the thing in march as well..im meeting up with one of my friends today who has a friend in the EPI dept at Emory and am gonna find out how likely it is for BSHE students to transfer to EPI cuz that was my plan too..she said she has a friend who transferred from EPI to BSHE so im curious as to why that is
hey beeberoni, i got accepted into their BSHE dept too! i may go to the thing in march as well..im meeting up with one of my friends today whose in the EPI dept at Emory and am gonna find out how likely it is for BSHE students to transfer to EPI cuz that was my plan too..she said she has a friend who transferred from EPI to BSHE so im curious as to why that is
oh yeah! i'm curious too... let us know how that goes.
i hung out with the girl from EPI dept last nite and she told me alot of great things about Emorys program in general..she told me her friend that transferred from EPI actually transferred into Health Policy and Management not BSHE (like i thought)..but the girl felt EPI just wasnt for her..the classes are really tough and she didnt feel like she was doing well compared to how she could probably succeed in HPM. The girl i hung out with last nite said that EPI is hardcore about school work..its only the 2nd week of the 2nd semester and she said she already has a weeks worth of homework, she said with the EPI dept, at least, its not like undergrad where im sure most of us could go to class a couple times, study a week before the test and do well. With EPI, she says its constant studying and homework..she never really has free time because so much is dedicated to school work; she said half your grade comes from homework, the other half from tests, so the homework can help you if u really work on it or else you can be screwed. The one thing that REALLY turned me onto Emorys program was the deal..she says she pays about 10K per semester but you can take as many classes as you want and wherever you want in Emory. She has a friend in the EPI department that is taking his normal EPI classes but decided he wanted to take a grad level Computer Science class and he is. And she said shes debating taking an undergrad level spanish class next semester..so for everyone who wants to maybe study a little something else, undergrad or grad, its a great deal! I hope this helps a little..if you guys have any more questions ill definitely ask her since i plan on meeting up with her again to get some more info!
oh and one more thing, im working on a research paper with a post doc fellow in the BSHE dept at Emory and she has a doctoral colleague in the BSHE dept that got her MPH in BSHE and worked for a few years before returning to get her PhD..so she was going to talk to the doctoral student about what kind of work she did and where as an MPH with BSHE concentration..so ill get some info on that for BSHE candidates at Emory
oh and one more thing, im working on a research paper with a post doc fellow in the BSHE dept at Emory and she has a doctoral colleague in the BSHE dept that got her MPH in BSHE and worked for a few years before returning to get her PhD..so she was going to talk to the doctoral student about what kind of work she did and where as an MPH with BSHE concentration..so ill get some info on that for BSHE candidates at Emory
Got accepted into Emory. I choose GLOBAL HEALTH IN INFECTIOUS DISEASES.
Cool, what are your guy's background? I applied but am still waiting
i was a psych major and took a year off to intern and volunteer at a local AIDS organization
Cool, what are your guy's background? I applied but am still waiting
I was a political science major and worked at a hospital in west africa while studying abroad in college.
i got into emory BSHE! I'm about 90% sure I'll be going but I'm waiting to hear about a few more schools
i'm definitely going to the accepted students day in March
yay! we may be classmates 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool, what are your guy's background? I applied but am still waiting
i was a neuroscience and japanese major, and have been working for 2 years as a coordinator/project manager for clinical research studies.
did anyone get any funding from emory?
I have a dumb question.
Where on your online emory account does it show if you have been accepted or not?
Also how long after rec. the email from them that states
"Congratulations! Your application to the Rollins School of Public
Health at Emory University has been forwarded to your first choice
department for review"
did you learn of their decision?
thanks
Where on your online emory account does it show if you have been accepted or not?
Also how long after rec. the email from them that states
"Congratulations! Your application to the Rollins School of Public
Health at Emory University has been forwarded to your first choice
department for review"
did you learn of their decision?
thanks
did you get that email today? I did.
I have a dumb question.
Where on your online emory account does it show if you have been accepted or not?
Also how long after rec. the email from them that states
"Congratulations! Your application to the Rollins School of Public
Health at Emory University has been forwarded to your first choice
department for review"
did you learn of their decision?
thanks
click on admissions and you will see your answer there "admit" or "decline" --- you will see an answer w/in 3 to 6 weeks
Good luck! i just got rejected from Emory first choice(punks!). Good luck to you!

yes
i never saw my rejection to my first choice posted on OPUS..they just emailed that to me. But I saw my acceptance to my 2nd choice on OPUS and they notified me thru email that a fedex package was being sent to my house and i got my decision about 2.5-3 wks after I got that email that notifies you that you're application has been sent to the department for review
I am in Epi too.I received my acceptance on OPUS
i actually received a voicemail, saying i got into my first choice before the weekend. a formal acceptance package was fed-exed to me after the weekend.
fsumohogany, i didn't receive any notice of funding (ie scholarships). however, according to their website, department nomination for scholarships are not done until mid-february, and final decisions are not made until well into March/April.
essentially, emory's forcing you to make your decision prior to any merit-based scholarships are offered.
http://www.sph.emory.edu/studentservice/meritawards.php
fsumohogany, i didn't receive any notice of funding (ie scholarships). however, according to their website, department nomination for scholarships are not done until mid-february, and final decisions are not made until well into March/April.
essentially, emory's forcing you to make your decision prior to any merit-based scholarships are offered.
http://www.sph.emory.edu/studentservice/meritawards.php
oh, also, if anyone can offer some advice or opinion on the health management department at emory, that'd be much appreciated.
i know emory would be a great resource for international health and research, but what would one say about its health management program?
i'm thinking hospital ceo or health care consulting. thanks ahead of time!
i know emory would be a great resource for international health and research, but what would one say about its health management program?
i'm thinking hospital ceo or health care consulting. thanks ahead of time!
oh, also, if anyone can offer some advice or opinion on the health management department at emory, that'd be much appreciated.
i know emory would be a great resource for international health and research, but what would one say about its health management program?
i'm thinking hospital ceo or health care consulting. thanks ahead of time!
have you contacted your advisor and asked for some student's emails that may be willing to answer your questions? I did that for BSHE and am currently talking to a doctoral student in the program at Emory about what kind of jobs I can get with a BSHE degree and stuff like that
did you get that email today? I did.
I got that same message today also. Waiting, waiting, waiting.
i know i'm so nervous i could puke!
Accepted: Tulane
Rejected: Emory
Rejected: Emory
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PublicHealthFan,
Relax! I didn't get my acceptance to emory's program until the end of March, and after I had been accepted to several other top ranked schools.
One thing you could do is consider calling the Adapt of the program you applied to. I was in Epi, and mid-march called Missy Mcall and asked what the status of my application was. I heard back the next week...you'll do fine!
Relax! I didn't get my acceptance to emory's program until the end of March, and after I had been accepted to several other top ranked schools.
One thing you could do is consider calling the Adapt of the program you applied to. I was in Epi, and mid-march called Missy Mcall and asked what the status of my application was. I heard back the next week...you'll do fine!
Accepted: Tulane
Rejected: Emory
sorry about the rejection johnnyquest. did you choose a 2nd choice program at Emory? I'm going to Tulane in 2 wks to tour the school and sit in on some classes there
have you contacted your advisor and asked for some student's emails that may be willing to answer your questions? I did that for BSHE and am currently talking to a doctoral student in the program at Emory about what kind of jobs I can get with a BSHE degree and stuff like that
oooo snoofle that's a really good idea, because i've been thinking about the same issues. has the emory student been helpful?
snoofle, thanks for the suggestion.
i intend to do that, but it's just nice to get some opinions outside of current students who are suggested by the department... just to get some other perspectives. obviously if a department gives you the contact, it'll probably be someone who speaks highly of the program/school. therefore, i'd like to see how others view the management department at rollins.
i intend to do that, but it's just nice to get some opinions outside of current students who are suggested by the department... just to get some other perspectives. obviously if a department gives you the contact, it'll probably be someone who speaks highly of the program/school. therefore, i'd like to see how others view the management department at rollins.
oooo snoofle that's a really good idea, because i've been thinking about the same issues. has the emory student been helpful?
she gave me her number so im going to call to her this weekend and get some info
Does anyone know if a 3.2 and an 1100 will be good enough to get into emory?🙂
depends on the program..i know for sure it wont be good for epidemiology, bc i had that GPA and a 1210 GRE and was rejected from EPI
My Stats were around the same, little higher, and have Peace Corps experience but was rejected from their global health program.
yeah that's what i'm applying to too. is it harder to get into epi for all schools or does it depend?
I really dont know. I got into Tulane, GWU, Drexel, and USC-columbia for EPI. Emory admissions told me they personally first look at grades and scores before an individuals LOR, POS, work and volunteer experience, because EPI is a very quantitative degree, therefore they want to make sure they're students can handle it
Congratulations to everyone accepted to Emory. I received my MPH from Emory in BSHE in 2000.
Thought I'd share a funny story about my very first day at Emory....all the new MPH students were meeting in a CDC Auditorium off Clifton Rd for Welcoming Remarks. I was running a few minutes late, and when I arrived, I heard strange noises coming from the auditorium. I quickly opened the doors to find the entire audience on their feet, hands raised in the air, turned around towards the back of the auditorium where I was standing. Some students and professors were laughing, others had looks of "please kill me now" on their faces. I froze, trying to figure out what was going on when suddenly music blared out of speakers and a woman in a suit on stage yelled, "HEEEEEY MACARENA!!!....jump left!"
So, there it is - my first experience with the Rollins School of Public Health is being surrounded by fellow students and professors, in an old auditorium at the CDC, listening to some Administrative Dean making everyone do the Macarena.
Hope your Student Orientation is just as crazy.
Thought I'd share a funny story about my very first day at Emory....all the new MPH students were meeting in a CDC Auditorium off Clifton Rd for Welcoming Remarks. I was running a few minutes late, and when I arrived, I heard strange noises coming from the auditorium. I quickly opened the doors to find the entire audience on their feet, hands raised in the air, turned around towards the back of the auditorium where I was standing. Some students and professors were laughing, others had looks of "please kill me now" on their faces. I froze, trying to figure out what was going on when suddenly music blared out of speakers and a woman in a suit on stage yelled, "HEEEEEY MACARENA!!!....jump left!"
So, there it is - my first experience with the Rollins School of Public Health is being surrounded by fellow students and professors, in an old auditorium at the CDC, listening to some Administrative Dean making everyone do the Macarena.
Hope your Student Orientation is just as crazy.

I am an international student got accepted from Epi Emory.
Really scared the tuition....Is FAFSA limited for citizens? If yes, so from where can people in the same boat get their supportance?
Excited but $$$$$$ is a nightmare
Really scared the tuition....Is FAFSA limited for citizens? If yes, so from where can people in the same boat get their supportance?
Excited but $$$$$$ is a nightmare
fafsa IS for legal residents and citizens only. in other words, international students do not get fafsa support.
look into scholarships elsewhere, or pray that you'll get one of the departmental scholarships.
also, most schools will pay for your tuition if you can get a TA position.
look into scholarships elsewhere, or pray that you'll get one of the departmental scholarships.
also, most schools will pay for your tuition if you can get a TA position.
when can you apply for TA positions?
TA positions are something that is allotted to you by the department, think of them as scholarships, I guess. If you don't get it this year (which most first years won't for most schools), you can always work with your advisor and the department to see if you can get such a position.
I was also told that there are plenty of RA (research assistant) positions on campus, typically. So perhaps look into that.
Simply start looking through the faculty list at the school you're thinking about going and start emailing!!
I was also told that there are plenty of RA (research assistant) positions on campus, typically. So perhaps look into that.
Simply start looking through the faculty list at the school you're thinking about going and start emailing!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey fellow potential Emory classmates!😀
Yo!!! I got in too! I just got my acceptance from them. I'm leaning towards going, but I'm not a 100% sure YET! I'm still waiting back to hear from one more school and then will decide for sure.
Yo!!! I got in too! I just got my acceptance from them. I'm leaning towards going, but I'm not a 100% sure YET! I'm still waiting back to hear from one more school and then will decide for sure.
Does anyone know if there's a benefit to sending in your deposit early as far as financial aid goes. Are they more likely to give you merit aid if they're received your deposit?
mmm as far as I know, sending in your deposit early doesn't have any bearing. They say that anyone who completely their application before Jan. 10th is considered for a merit award, so I don't think it should matter. They unfortunately don't give out many merit awards 🙁
It's frustrating, because their website implies that they have a lot of merit aid available, however, I've gotten the impression from current students that that isn't really the case. Also, they don't notify you of need based aid till April. Makes it hard to make a decision.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K