Employers that offer occurrence malpractice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikMik6

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is super early to ask this. But how often do employers, whether hospital or private practice offer occurrence based malpractice? Or do they mostly offer claims based? And if they do offer claims based, how difficult is it to negotiate rail coverage?

Members don't see this ad.

I know this is super early to ask this. But how often do employers, whether hospital or private practice offer occurrence based malpractice? Or do they mostly offer claims based? And if they do offer claims based, how difficult is it to negotiate rail coverage?
Don't need to worry about this at all for hospital employment, they will always cover their own tail because it is on them too (and nobody except academia gets occurrence based policies from what I have seen). This matters more in private practice and will vary and be spelled out in a contract but the majority will cover tail, sometimes with a cooling period built in if they have been burned before.