Employers who pay off loans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdiva

Accepted pharmacy student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious...Are there companies who are willing to pay off a new employee's student loans with an agreement to work for X amount of years? I know that many other professions such as teaching, nursing, etc.. offer this. I'm thinking that the enormous debt accrued in pharmacy school would be a lot easier to swallow if I knew that I could simply select an employer that pays them off completely or partially.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious...Are there companies who are willing to pay off a new employee's student loans with an agreement to work for X amount of years? I know that many other professions such as teaching, nursing, etc.. offer this. I'm thinking that the enormous debt accrued in pharmacy school would be a lot easier to swallow if I knew that I could simply select an employer that pays them off completely or partially.

This has been discussed in the past so you might want to check out some old threads for more info. (search for "tuition reimbursement", I think)

In general, I think the VA system does this, though not all the time and not in all locations. Lots of places will give you money towards your education during school, in exchange for you working X number of years for them after you graduate.

Thanks for the reply Pharmgirl :)

I'll definitely look it up.

Be blessed