Position Available Employment Opportunity for PGY-2+ Surgeon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ResidentSwap

Partner Organization
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Employment Opportunity in Hair Transplant Surgery/Hair Restoration
1050 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10028
(844) 745-6362
http://www.drcarloswesley.com

Click here to check if this opening is still available

Opportunity to specialize in Hair Transplant Surgery/Hair Restoration. Eligible applicants will have completed PGY-2 preliminary surgery residency in USA and has or is eligible for NY state license. If you are a hard-working, personable, and passionate surgeon with great attention to detail as well as a willingness to take the road less traveled, you will enjoy a career that rewards your artistry that you can exhibit in a comfortable, controlled environment. While the first year serves primarily as a fellowship during which the resident will take part in patient visits and have hands-on training, subsequent years will allow the applicant to establish his or her own patient population and private practice within the surgical facility. Salary range is $150,000 - $750,000.

Akin to any entrepreneur who initially sets off on a new career path, I vividly recall my uncertainty when I stepped out of the formal establishment of residency at an Ivy-League institution and into the esoteric field of private practice specializing in the treatment of hair loss for men and women. My self-consciousness around my colleagues was visceral when I initially stepped away from the altruistic medicine I had initially intended to practice and into a cosmetic field. However, deep down I knew that I was correct in leaving a world that simply did not feel right because my personal traits were not appreciated (a cog in a machine that had no real awareness of my skill set) for a world that had the potential to showcase my innovation, my aesthetic artistry, my way with people, and my desire to develop a successful small business. Now, I know that was absolutely the right decision for me.

When we enter medicine we all want to help patients. I have been surprised at how truly impactful the work that our team performs on each patient can be - allowing them to improve a discouraging physical trait and enabling them to live their lives with confidence and comfort. Upon entering medicine I thought that saving lives was the only way to help people. However, my grateful patient community has taught me that this particular field of cosmetic medicine can positively impact their lives in profound ways that I had not imagined. Moreover, focusing my attention on a unique sub-specialty has allowed me to advance a field in a manner that I do not feel would have possible in a more general practice.
After over 15 years, our NYC-based office has established itself as the premiere destination for surgical hair restoration. Nearly 87% of our patients are via patient referrals and about two thirds of our visitors are either recommended to our practice by doctors or are physicians themselves. As a solo practitioner, I am seeking a young, earnest surgical associate to join the practice and gradually share the satisfaction and continued growth of my practice as we move into an exciting new NYC location. If a sincere curiosity inspires you, feel free to reach out to [email protected] for more information.

---------------------------------------
*IMPORTANT:
  1. Please do NOT contact the practice without first checking if the vacancy is still open. Use the above link, or Click here to check if this opening is still available.

Members don't see this ad.