Technology EMR and billing/scheduling office software question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctodd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since paperless is the future, what EMR and billing software are you guys using? Web based vs one that you purchase outright? My partner just googled and found a web based program called Advancedmd.com and it seems cool online. Real world who knows.....please help!!!

T

Members don't see this ad.

Doctodd said:
Since paperless is the future, what EMR and billing software are you guys using? Web based vs one that you purchase outright? My partner just googled and found a web based program called Advancedmd.com and it seems cool online. Real world who knows.....please help!!!

T

My institution is implementing Touchworks by Allscripts for EMR , which bundles with IDX for scheduling. I can't speak to the scheduling software, cuz I don't use that, but the EMR is pretty intuitive, though like most geared more towards primary care rather than specialty (I"m a surgery resident). The focus is on putting it in primary care first, though we have started the ortho hand surgeons on it and urology will go live over the summer. If you are in a small practice, they make a product geared toward small offices too.