EMS during med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pillowsnice

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if many people have done this, but has anyone continued volunteering as an EMT during med school? My agency is not far from the med school so I would still be in the same area, but would I have time to do this or should I even try to to do this? I enjoy it and it would really be just something fun I would do on the side. I'd say I would spend 6-8 hours per week as a maximum doing this.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if many people have done this, but has anyone continued volunteering as an EMT during med school? My agency is not far from the med school so I would still be in the same area, but would I have time to do this or should I even try to to do this? I enjoy it and it would really be just something fun I would do on the side. I'd say I would spend 6-8 hours per week as a maximum doing this.
On the chance that it changed your step even 10 pts it might not be worth it. If you're an academic ninja and it's fun then go ahead

Reactions: 1 user
On the chance that it changed your step even 10 pts it might not be worth it. If you're an academic ninja and it's fun then go ahead
lol @ the academic ninja comment :lol:

but I agree with @sb247 it depends if you think you'll be able to handle it!

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you I would not do this for the first semester, see how things go, and if you feel like it's still workable after that add it back in.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will have to see how much time I have during the week. I would only be putting in 4-8 hours a week