Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Emt-b

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by traumasurg, Dec 2, 2008.

1. traumasurg

traumasurg Un Socio
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi,

I was wondering if working as an EMT-B would look good on a med school application or if research would look better?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UNMorBUST

UNMorBUST Mystery Man
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    This should not be in WAMC. If you can show being an EMT lead you to a choice in medicine than it can be helpful. Research is helpful many schools enjoy seeing you have an inquisitive mind.

4. RevivedPreMed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    In my opinion, I would say that you should do whichever you are more interested in. If you aren't interested in something, you aren't going to put the most effort into it. Do ECs that you really enjoy and it will really show, especially during interviews.

It also depends on the kind of schools you want to go to. If you want to go to a school thats heavy in research, you will likely need research experience to get considered.

5. traumasurg

traumasurg Un Socio
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  6. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    You must have clinical experience to be considered. Research experience is desirable because more schools will look at you, but is not required. If you already have lots of clinical exposure, then do the research.