EMT certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phenom832

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in University currently pursuing a Exercise Science degree and would like to go into Physical Therapy the problem is I have like a 2.5 gpa and thing but this summer I was wondering if it would be worth getting a EMT basic?? But what would be the pros and cons?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think the EMT cert. would help you overcome that kind of GPA when applying. Your time may be better spent crushing some prerequisite courses or retaking some of the classes you got the worst grades in.

OP, what year are you in?

Also, EMT-B cert. won't help you at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
it might help. a school asked me about my emt experience during an interview. you're probably better off raising your gpa.

you need an interview to be able to talk about an emt cert. and with that gpa you won't stand a chance. focus on raising that gpa or start looking for alternate careers. sounds harsh but it's true. it's only getting more competitive.

I have to agree with Nicolej5. a 2.5 will not get you into a DPT program. If you're only a freshman or maybe a sophomore, maybe you still have time to get the GPA up... You may need a 4.0 from here on out.

An EMT basic probably won't matter very much.

Maybe look into being a PTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.